PR30 – Day 11 (March 5)
I pretty much love surprises! Random special presents are my favorite! They don’t even have to be that big of a deal and I get all giddy excited. Little notes, random “happenings” throughout the day, blessings, divine appointments…whatever the surprise is, I just LOVE IT! So, not many people share this type of love language…or so it seems. Perhaps they do, but they don’t realize it yet. Either way, when it happens to me, I just get filled with butterflies on the inside, I can’t help it.
For the last couple years leading up to my Birthday, I have done a countdown of sorts. It was called the SMG Experiment, which stood for, “Surprise Me God”. It was great. Each day I took notice of those special presents from my Father. Sometimes tangible, sometimes a lesson learned, and other times a divine appointment to bless someone (or be blessed). Simply precious. If you are interested in reading some of those past memories, you can look back at my blog under Surprise Me God. I even encouraged others to do the experiment along with me.
I wanted to share some fun/random surprises that have been coming my way lately (no particular order)…
- I get to see many friends and family around my 30th Birthday which is coming up March 31st. I will be going to MN/WI for a YouthWorks training right before my Birthday, which will not only allow me to see my family/friends, meet new friends, and also experience training at the YMCA camp where I worked for 9 months as an Outdoor Educator/Teambuilding Facilitator.
- On my Birthday I hope to have some fun festivities planned with friends around Cairo.
- After my Birthday and over Easter week (Spring Break), I will be headnig out to Redding, CA to visit my close friends of mine.
- I won a trip to the Bahamas!
- I won a $100 gift package from IHOP KC after putting my name in the drawing at the Forerunner African American Aliance table.
- My students are sharing prophetic dreams they are having, which is always fun. Sometimes they are about them, sometimes about me.
- One of my students just recieved the gift of tongues (not in class..although that would be fun too – haha).
- I keep seeing reminders that God has me here for a purpose.
- God is moving in my family bringing restoration!
- My friend Peter wrote a blog about me and my experience in Cairo.
- This summer I get to work as an AD in California and Colorado! Super pumped about going back to work with YW and in three amazing locations! I will also be able to connect with some friends in Cali. while I am there. A good friend of mine is the Youth Director at the church in San Fran we are staying at!
- I am really enjoying the opportunity to serve on the worship team…I’m learning how to harmonize. Yay!
- I love how God connects people…I have some new friends in the area that I know God has connected me with for divine purpose.
- I was given a FREE netbook while taking two classes for professional development (the classes are also FREE).
- My good friend Amanda is bringing her college ministry down to Cairo for a mission trip in a couple weeks.
- I was asked to be in two close friends’ weddings coming up in the next year! I LOVE WEDDINGS! How wonderful to stand beside these sisters on their special day.
- Building closer relationships with people at work…going out to eat…working out together.
- Starting off the day in morning prayer with a couple teachers (and my mentor when he is in Cairo). Thank you for U-N-I-T-Y.
- A good friend of mine has been subbing for me in the classroom when I am out. Thank you Ms. Terry!
- Every other week, my co-worker leaves a dozen eggs on my desk from his chickens.
- I had the opportunity to take some of the high school students to an Eddie James worship deal in Paducah. We had a blast!
- One class watched “Horton Hears a Who” and another watched “Bella” after ISAT this week.
- I have seen the attitudes change of a few of my students in the past couple weeks. PTL!
- Meeting amazing parents and partnering with them brings me joy.
- Living with four wonderful people and walking through life together…and of course Stacy and Jesse not too far away. 🙂
Hmmmm…what else? There are too many blessings to name, but these are just a few. I encourage you to reflect on the blessings in your life.
“Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.”