PR30 – Day 7 (March 1)
Places to call Home
In my short (almost) 30 years, I have had the amazing opportunity of living in many diverse states and environments. In each of these places, I have come to appreciate different cultures and people. Living in community with other people really teaches you a whole bunch and refines you. I will have to write a whole blog about this community living thing to share some thoughts. I’m definitely a fan!
Here are a few of the unique places I have lived:
- Grew up in White Bear Lake, MN
- College at the University of WI- La Crosse
- Lived at a YMCA Camp for almost a year while working as an Outdoor Educator/Teambuilding Facilitator (WI)
- Lived in Lake Tahoe, CA for a summer doing mission work (yes, it was mission work)
- Lived in Boulder, CO for a summer as I worked with a youth ministry.
- Lived in a Teacher’s Lounge of an old shut down school during my first summer with YouthWorks in West Virginia. For real, it was a Teacher’s Lounge.
- Lived in a church classroom while working my second summer with YouthWorks in Alamosa, CO.
- Lived in community with some amazing peeps in Cairo, IL for the past five years.
- Various mission trips throughout the years: Detroit, Panama City Beach, New Orleans, Biloxi, Hungary (Europe), Jerez (Mexico), and Mozambique (Africa).
I am thankful for each place, the people I have met, and the lessons learned. Thank you God for giving me the opportunity to travel to so many different places.
This summer, I will have new adventures in San Fran, San Diego, and Denver!