I guess good things come in threes. Only blogging when I have a minute to breathe in between the wedding madness. Not really madness, it’s super fun and I love details so it’s all good.
As I was reading through my SMG RII (Suprise me God – Round II) late last night I realized I use WAY too many of !!!!!!!!!!!!! these and also overuse the word, “AMAZING” and usually put it in all caps, which kind of reduces the word a little bit. So, my February resolution is to not do those two things so much, I need to get a lil more creative in my writing.
I’ll work backwards this time…starting with this morning.
- I spent the night at my old neighbors (Mike and Kim) along with some of the TR family (Stacy, Jesse, and Heather). Talk about weird! Being right next door to my house. Okay, not my house anymore…but come on! I grew up there, and for like 26 years called it my home…now I am next door with my fantastic neighbors. Hopefully I will get a chance to go and visit the new owners, they are kind people who would probably even give me a tour and show me the changes they have made on the house. I think my mom has been back to see it, but not dad. I guess that would be too hard…after you practically built the house (it was a smaller cottage type house on the lake until he pumped it with steroids and made it into a beautiful home – multiplying the square footage by DOUBLE). It would be like creating a sculpture, selling it at auction, then seeing the new owner change pieces of it. Of course they have the right and it is theirs, but as the artist it would be a hard thing to watch. Perhaps that’s how the Creator feels about plastic surgery. Hmmmmmmmmm….something to ponder.
- This morning I knew I couldn’t get out of bed at 5:00, no time for naps today. So, when I was just lying there, still not falling back asleep, I decided to write the Maid of Honor toast in my head. I was reflecting on the goodness of God in Stacy and Israel’s relationship. The speach is written. I am overwhelmed by the Father’s love and his orchestration of love. “When God writes your love story”. Simply beautiful. Simply divine.
- Last night was real fun, I ran some errands for the Bride and Groom, visited some high school friends, called some other friends, and finally met up with the crew at Caribou as they were closing. Found out a friend of mine from high school works for the Academy Awards…WHAT?!? I have to hook that up! She is a FB friend, so I will have to message her and get the deets on that one. The way I found out was a surprise…the dude who works at Caribou knows her sister and as we were talking about WBL alumni, he brought up her name. Crazy stuff.
- I took a nap…for the first time in probably over a year! Yeah, I hit the wall yesterday after being up for 7 hours (and it was only noon). When you wake up everyday at 5, the days are REALLY long. Hey, I am NOT complaining…I LOVE THE MORNINGS! Praise the Lord for early morning wake up with no alarm. Love it.
- Stacy and I had a break from each other…which was probably better for her than me. 🙂 She said, “Heather, can you tame it down today a little…I can only take so much of you.” Not offended…I know I am a little…what’s the word? Passionate, intense, LOUD, over the top, in your face…yea taming it down is a good idea.
- Stace and I have had lots of fun laughs together. We even went to the Verizon store so she could boot me off of the Family Plan. Really, I can’t even get upset, it is TOTALLY my fault. I was causing the minutes to sky-rocket, we kept going over, and I was texting like a mad woman. Ha! What’s up with Verizon not explaining themselves…when they said unlimited texting…I thought that is what they meant. Really, they meant only to Verizon customers…which caused our plan to go up like 40 bones. YIKES! I think they will give us a bit of a reimbursement for that one. I guess after 1,000 texts you can rack it up. So, now I am alone again on my Verizon plan…probably better that way. I won’t have to hear messages from my sister every other day, “Heather, can you please check our minutes on Verizon, we only have 100 left, which mean we each have like 2/day.” Yea, like that is EVER going to happen. I need to monitor myself so I can only get mad at myself. Thanks family, the family plan was fun while it lasted. What can I say? I like to communicate.
- I got a sweet deal at the tanning place. They have these new beds that get you really dark really fast. Man, I sound like a valley girl who only cares about her tan. I normally am not a fan (anymore) of tanning beds, but hey it’s my sister’s wedding and I am really WHITE.
- The night before I spent with my bf from three years old…Cindi. She lives in Wyoming….MN that is. A bit out of the city, but a good drive anyway. We went out to eat and had some major laughs. As we reminisced about our past 25 years together, we both realized how fortunate we are…to be alive. We were some crazy girls back in the day, and I am so thankful we are both different, transformed, made new. Seriously without Christ, I would be…let’s not go there. It’s too scary to even consider. So, all of you high school friends reading this…yea, a new woman. Not perfect, that’s for sho, a work in progress. Amen.
- Cindi is also a teacher – at our old high school! I love it. She teaches ESL and Spanish (which is what I started with before I had to diagram sentences…aaaaahhhhhhh, I had to go back to Math) …Profe Swensen is the best teacher at WB High! She shared some pretty inspiring and hilarious stories. Gave me some good tips on classroom management and just keeping it real with the students. I look forward to more advice as time unfolds this new chapter in my life. Thanks Cindi for being a wonderfully beautiful friend. She also shared a bunch of wisdom from her marriage experience, which was also good. I think I get it, really I don’t have a clue what it is like to be married. Only when that time comes.
- I did forget a couple from my La Crosse visit, so here goes…There is this worship deal that happens once/month at the La Crosse Center called City Praize. It is put on by this millionaire couple who live in Sparta, along with some other marketplace saints. They have been doing it for over a year now. Every time I roll through La Crosse I am sad that I have missed it or am leaving too early. This time I was able to celebrate with my family in La Crosse. Talk about unique and Holy Spirit touched! This gathering consists of saints from churches all over the Coulee Region…some travel a distace to be there. They are not all Baptist, Lutheran, Presbyterian, Catholic, Methodist, or Charasmatic…but they are all included. I heard there have been over 100 churches represented at these deals. WOW! Talk about a miracle. God is in the business of uniting His Chruch and I am thankful it is unfolding in La Crosse. This has been my prayer – John 17…that we would be ONE. Also, I have been praying for the supernatural to unfold in this region. I had a vision while worshipping…people coming out of wheel chairs and running up and down the isles. People getting set free of all types of mean addictions. Yes, that is my Savior at work and it will happen. It probably already is.
- Another sweet blessing from La Crosse is a dear friend of mine I worked with for about two years while I was in college. She had gone through some major stuff as a child that still had an effect on her as an adult (don’t we all in some ways). While in college I had gone through this healing seminar and also recieved a little bit of training on how to walk someone else through. It was pretty basic…lead them through their past. Identify areas of bitterness, unforgiveness, sin issues, negative thought patterns, areas of hurt and pain…then ask the Holy Spirit to reveal the root and dig it out. Although I say it is basic, is it extremely profound and powerful. People are only vessels and not couneselors. The Holy Spirit truly does the healing. So, this friend wanted to meet with me and another close friend (who had also gone through the training) to walk through some inner healing stuff. To be honest, I was terrified. I didn’t want to “mess it up”. Hearts are precious and this was one of His lambs, I felt like I had no idea what I was doing. This was probably a good thing, considering I wasn’t the counselor anyway. We met at my friends house (who was also being a vessel for the Spirit – I don’t know what else to call it). She was so funny, she set an extra chair out for Jesus and put this large portrait of Jesus (you know the white blonde one…haha) in the chair. It was symbolic of what was really happening. Anyway, we walk through some stuff, she describes being sexually abused as a child. She is not even emotional about it, kind of cut off the feelings in order to cope (totally nornal). We get to praying and leading her through – asking Jesus where He was when that happened. I felt kind of nautious, like, “What am I doing? I have no business trying to lead someone through healing in such an intimate place in their heart.” Well…let’s just say the Holy SPirit showed up in a BIG way! She starts weeping pretty hard. We ask her what she sees. “He is here with me! He is leading me out of the room, down the stairs, through the kitchen, out the back door. I am safe, I am safe, I am out of the house and safe.” By this time we are all losing it, weeping and praising God for deliverance. The story does not end there friends. She called me yesterday and told me that she won a piece of artwork (from a traveling evangelist/artist type guy who makes these beautiful and HUGE pieces of art about Jesus and the Kingdom) which is the EXACT picture of Jesus that she saw that day rescuing her. How AMAZING IS THAT?!?! Our God is so GOOD! I praise you Father for complete healing, salvation, deliverance, and redemption of ALL things. This woman truly has been renewed. She came with me to the worship deal (described above) and I saw a FREE person giving her all to Jesus. She said she always remembers that day we sat down with Jesus at the head of the table…so do I.